Monday 16 February 2015

Converted Zombies part 3- The men!

Or at least, I think it is part 3?

Inspired by a long weekend a couple of weekends ago, I got out my boxes of plastics and got to converting. I had previously done a few conversions of the Wargames Factory plastics, combining them with the Studio Miniatures spare parts. My plan was to complete the remainder of the sprue of survivors, getting me 10 male and 10 female zombies which will be very different to my Studio Miniatures plastics (which I have more of- must finish those too).

First up is the men. All are Wargames Factory Survivor bodies, with Studio Miniatures arms and heads. Except the kid, who got his arms from the Wargames Factory Vixens boxed set.


And now, for some close ups.

Tourist:

Matrix-wannabe:

Zomb-cousin Vinny:

Grabbing Office Zombie:

The kid:

Another faceless government employee:

Convicted Zombie:

College Zombie:

Plus there are the two you have already seen, making up the full 10!

And as for Bridget, she has got decidedly mixed feelings about getting so much attention from all these men...

Back to the painting table!

Chris





13 comments:

  1. Lovely additions! The kits mix quite well great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised just how well they mixed- there was only a minimal amount of cutting and greenstuff required. The only pose which I am not 100% convinced on is the prisoner zombie, he is a little disco for my liking!

      Delete
  2. Very nice conversions, Chris. It just goes to show how versatile these sets are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very versatile indeed! I do love mixing and matching stuff, it is even better when it doesn't take much work to do it too!

      Delete
  3. Great stuff dude! I've done something similar with the final sprue of my survivors box. Yours look really good. The paintjobs really sell the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool Bob, I look forward to seeing how they come up.

      I am definitely stealing the idea from you of using the Studio Miniatures Zeds as a base for a survivor or two.

      Delete
    2. No worries dude, steal away.

      Delete
  4. I've not tried studio miniatures zombies but they do seem to mix in well. I will try them out if my zombie horde proves to be too small....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the plastics I have got, they have done me well so far.

      What have you used for your horde?

      Delete
  5. That was is a great ide to use the bodys of the survivors as zombies, great work mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bud, now to convert some to go the other way, survivors made from zombies!

      Delete
  6. It's always good to see how others have used the various plastics around to mix and match both survivors and zombies. These look very good and give unique zombies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bud- I completely agree, I always find it interesting to see where people go with their zombies. They are something that everyone has their own particular style on, mine are a blue-grey for example, but I have seen others which are other awesome colours!

      Delete