Wednesday 13 January 2016

2016- Planning for the future

Well, this took a little while longer than I expected, so let's talk my plans for 2016!

2015 was a very successful start for my own personal zombie apocalypse, co-authoring Skirmish Outbreak, Medieval Mayhem and painting up the start of a real horde of zombies. So where to next?


Skirmish Outbreak Rules
We will continue to support Skirmish Outbreak throughout the year with further releases, but what they are is still under wraps. Suffice to say, it will involve Zombies, and it will be awesome :)

And if you are tempted to look at the rules themselves, Shelldrake has done an awesomely indepth reviews of the rules here which may help tempt you into buying a copy from skirmishoutbreak.com.


Miniatures
Well, I mostly achieved my goal last year of painting a survivor each week, plus I got an almost 2 to 1 ratio of zombies to survivors!

The plan for 2016 is to paint through the range of Studio Miniatures zombies. The lot of them. I already have a head start with the Walking Dead zombies done, as well as the Medieval Mayhem and a whole lot of their plastic zombies done too.

So it is just the 127 metal zombies to go, and that is assuming they don't release more zombies through the year for me to paint!

As for survivors, I will keep ticking my way through them, finishing at least one new survivor each month.


Terrain
This is my big goal for the year. I am desperately short of terrain to play my zombie games on and that is a real issue!

So, my goal here is to complete one terrain piece each month, like a building or other big piece. Plus I will be trying to complete other little terrain pieces through the year.

In fact, January's terrain piece has already been progressed, it no longer looks like this:


But more on that during the week!


Battle reports
Well, the resounding feedback I have had so far about my blog is that there are not enough games!

So the goal for myself then is to play one game a month, and post it up here on the blog. Should be easy enough, right? Especially when I have some cool new terrain to play on!

Right, so there is my goals for 2016 planned, lets see how I get on!

Chris

3 comments:

  1. Great news, look forward to seeing your terrain and batreps. The studio minis are ace, I have a set of zeds and several survivors, with more being added to the wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 game per month - how hard can that be? I'm looking forward to this - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good plans for 2016. Intrigued as to what the package contains :)

    ReplyDelete